Thursday, June 3, 2010

Day Eleven: Thursday

Thursday morning, we woke up a little early so we could go the French bakery again before the soccer match. Its kinda funny we all get so excited about the pastries, since we mostly eat eggs and bread for breakfast anyways. We ended up going to breakfast at the hotel too, since we all wanted to fill up on water before the "big game".

When we got to UEF, we had activities with the English Club. They had games planned so it was pretty fun, and we met a few more UEF students. The soccer field was a bus ride away, so we all loaded up and got ready to win. It was like 107 degrees outside, which is way to hot to be doing anythingg in my opinion. I was definitely the MVP of the game, even though some of the guys might try to tell you otherwise. After the game we all had time to take much needed showers and grab lunch before we went to the War Remnants Museum. I don't know much about the war, so I was really confused by the way they displayed some of the information. I knew it was going to be propaganda and out of context, but it was hard for me to know what was real and what wasn't going in with no background. There was an exhibit on reporters and photographers from the war, and I thought that one was really interesting since I spent a few years doing photography myself. Afterwards, we planned to take a quick trip to the market to finish getting souvenirs, but we lost track of time while doing it.

We ended up getting back to the hotel a little late, and since our group had separated my room was the only one that had keys. Everyone put their stuff in our room, and we walked to dinner since we didn't have the address to meet the UEF kids for a meal. We went to this really good and cheap Vietnamese place, I got noodles and chicken, and everyone said they hadn't seen me so excited about a meal all trip! That night, one of our Vietnamese hosts wanted to take us to the "American Discotheque" but we ended up going to the other club. The guys had to change their shoes and we couldn't use camera's, so it was veryyy VIP & a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment